This recipe is super delicious, super easy and versitile. Feel free to substitute almond butter for peanut butter or change up the seeds with nuts (if i were using walnuts or other big nuts i would chop them).
If you have a little food processor, it is really nice to grind up the oatmeal some and also the raisins. The ground oatmeal helps make it less sticky and chopping or grinding the raisins helps hold it all together.
This recipe is easy to mix by hand if your PB is room temp. Otherwise, if you have a standing mixer, it is well worth the effort to use it!
1 cup raw oatmeal (optionally ground)
1 ½ cups granola
½ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup sesame seeds
½ cup coconut, finely shredded
½ cup raw honey
1 cup raisins (optionally ground or chopped)
1 ½ – 2 cups organic peanut butter (ideally room temp)
1. Oil a baking 9×11 baking sheet
2. Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl or standing mixer. Mix to combine.
3. Add the wet ingredients and form into a firm paste. You may need to add more peanut butter or honey if the mixture is too dry. Add the chopped/ground raisins and mix.
4. Press the mixture into the oiled container.
5. Cover the pressed mixture with wax paper and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
6. Cut into 24 bars and serve.
Store in an air-tight container or wrap individually in plastic and store in the refrigerator.